Friday, November 30, 2012

Primal Friday: Sesame Crusted Tuna, Wasabi Sweet Potatoes and Egg Drop Soup


Tonight I decided on an Asian type dinner.  I had some sushi grade tuna and I wanted to make a soup but didn't want Miso (hard to find any without MSG) so I looked up Egg Drop Soup and it was easier than I thought it would be.  I had sweet potatoes too so I decided to make them wasabi mashed.

It all came out pretty good except that I cooked the tuna a little too long, they were kind of narrow pieces so they cooked much faster than I thought but it still tasted good with a little added wasabi and soy sauce. Yumm.  The soup came out pretty good but I used fresh ginger instead of powdered...I will either mince finer or use powder next time.

Seared Sesame Crusted Tuna:

- toasted sesame in a bit of olive oil
- coated tuna with sesame
- sauteed tuna on high
- sliced tuna

Wasabi Mashed Sweet Potato

- peeled sweet potatoes (I had regular and white)
- cut into cubes and boiled
- mashed and added wasabi paste

Egg Drop Soup

- sauteed onion in butter
- added sliced ginger, a tsp of sesame oil and soy sauce
- added 4 cups veggie broth and 4 cups water (called for 8 cups beef broth but I had used mine up already)
- mixed 4 Tbs arrowroot with a little water then added to stock
- brought to a boil and let thicken a bit
- whisked 6 eggs in a bowl and slowly added to stock while stirring with wisk

No comments:

Post a Comment