Friday, November 23, 2012

Primal Friday - Bison Meatloaf and Mushroom Soup

This week's Primal Friday dinner is a Bison meatloaf with mushrooms - super easy.  I made some extra Cream of Mushroom and Celery soup yesterday when I made the soup for the Broccoli Casserole so we had that with the meatloaf.  Tasty and filling!

Both recipes are pretty easy:

Bison Meatloaf

2 lbs ground bison (from local farm)
mushrooms (I didn't measure but half a large package)
1 egg (from my chickens, of course)
Cheddar

- mix up the bison, mushroom and egg
- put in loaf pan, bake 45 min in 350F oven
- add cheddar to top (I just sliced) and cook another 10 min or so

Cream of Mushroom (and Celery soup)
(I decided to make a combination soup and leave it chunky - but it can be pureed)

half package or more mushrooms
couple stalks celery
broth (I used turkey broth I had just made) - 1 1/2 cups or so
onion
parsley and sage (from garden) - I added sage because I had that in the turkey sauce too
cream (mine was fresh and real)
butter (fresh as possible - mine was from Amish store - didn't get to make my own)
flour

- saute mushrooms, celery and onion in butter (I did in cast iron dutch oven)
- add broth
- in another pan melt butter and add just enough flour to thicken
- add roue to broth
- add cream and cook down until as thick as you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment