Monday, November 26, 2012

Preserving Challenge week 2

Okay, I have been much more successful at "putting up" thank I have been at writing about it!

So, I am heading into week 3 and the past two weeks I have put up:

1 batch of Cardamom Apple Sauce canned
1 batch of Ginger Apple Butter canned
1 jar of Kimchi (I count this because it will be around for a bit then I will try stew...and this is my very first Kimchi...came out a wee bit, okay a lot, spicy!)
1 quart of RoastedBroccoli Cauliflower Soup to freezer
1 quart of Broccoli Soup to freezer
1 gallon bag Broccoli to freezer
2 gallon bags Cauliflower to freezer
6 gallon bags Cabbage to freezer
2 batches sauerkraut on
1 pint bag okra to freezer
1 batch Okra Cauliflower stew in freezer
2 batches turkey stock to freezer
2 batches veggie stock to freezer
2 pints tomato paste canned
1 pint dehydrated tomatoes canned
2 quart Sweet Potato Soup in freezer
1 quart of Cream of Broccoli and Cheese Soup in freezer
1 quart + 6 pints apple slices canned
1 batch sage dried

More preserving to do this week!  I am enjoying making the soups, having some for dinner and putting the rest of to freeze!  I am crossing my fingers for the sauerkraut...the last batch didn't work right, think too much air was allowed in and the cabbage didn't release enough water soon enough and I didn't catch it in time to add saltwater...so I dumped it and started over.  I made 2 batches in different containers, hopefully they work!  I plan to make some cabbage soup and an Indian cabbage dish this week, some for meals now and the rest to put up in the freezer. Hopefully I remember to blog at the end of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment