Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Primal Tuesday: Venison, Rosemary Nut Bread and Sweet Potato Soup


This week's Primal Tuesday dinner is Venison tenderloins (very simply sauteed), Sweet Potato Soup with roasted garlic and a Rosemary Nut Bread (that was extremely filling!).  It was all very good and pretty simple.

The soup was an adaptation from some recipes I found online.  The bread was from this website, and I followed it pretty closely.

http://aliveandwellness.blogspot.com/2012/10/rosemary-and-olive-oil-bread-grain-free.html

The Sweet Potato Soup was actually made yesterday and I refrigerated enough for dinner tonight and froze the rest in meal size portions.  This is how I made it:

I cut up and peeled about 4 sweet potatoes, thawed out about 4 cups of chicken stock (I like my soups a little thicker than the 6 or 8 cups I saw on a couple recipes), an onion and cut the tops off of 2 garlic bulbs (twice as much as called for in some recipes).  The sweet potatoes, onion and garlic bulbs were placed in a baking pan, coated them in olive oil and roasted in the oven for about 1/2 hour at 425F until soft.  The sweet potatoes, garlic and onion were added to the chicken stock in the food processor in batches and blended in a pot on low on the stove.  It came out really good so I think I will make more.

And...Trollie food (my pug/boston for those who don't know) was left over ham, raw salmon, cottage cheese, egg, garlic, salmon oil vitamins and blood from the venison when thawed out.  It was practically inhaled!  She has gotten a bit picky since she has gone on a 90% raw diet but she is doing really well on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment