Monday, November 19, 2012

homesteading prep...house work...



Today was general homestead work.  I cut up all the ripe tomatoes, filled a couple trays of tomatoes to dehydrate:




filled the crockpot with the rest to make tomato paste and both are cooking along now.  And I have a basket of green ones still that I will probably add to a stew.

Then I cut up apples, have a bucket going to make apple cider vinegar with the scraps and have the apples on the stove making a thick applesauce with green cardamom.  It smells amazing.  Other than that, I chased a rabbit around a bit and did cleaning of the kitchen and living room...it is all slow work but I am purging lots of stuff and rearranging and hopefully it will be all organized at some point soon...with less clutter.

And I took some pics of my free-ranging ducks and chickens.
Buffy
Lizzy





   
Lancelot
Gawen (Front) and Cynric (back)
 (They are Charlie's babies and the two boys I am keeping besides Lancelot)
Igraine

No comments:

Post a Comment