Friday, November 23, 2012

One more step in the organizing and purging - closet

Since I live in an old house with my brothers, I don't have a lot of storage space.  My bedroom is part of the newer part of the house and has a walk in closet so it ends up accumulating alot of stuff.  My living room ends up cluttered with all kinds of things, like my hiking and camping and kayaking gear...etc.

So, I finally tackled the closet and after a couple days got it organized and purged a bunch of stuff...this is my goal, to simplify, organize and get rid of what I don't really need.  I consolidated and organized my clothes so they take up less than half the space.  This left room for me put a tuffy tote of ritual clothes, and a couple tuffy totes of all my kayaking, diving and hiking gear. I should have enough room for all my camping gear too once I get that organized. This means it is all in one place and out of the living room.  I have a couple laundry baskets full of stuff and clothes to go to good will.  More work on hiking gear and then sewing and craft supplies should make the living room a bit less messy and crowded.  Hopefully will be done by end of weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment