Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Primal Tuesday - Smoked Ham and Broccoli Soup



Tonight's Primal Tuesday dinner was a smoked ham that is from the last of my half hog I got from Green Branch - grass-fed, organic and local.  I slow cooked it rubbed in olive oil, lavender and rosemary last night then refrigerated it and collected all the drippings.  I harvested all the broccoli from my garden for the other part of dinner, a simple broccoli soup with chicken broth (from my chickens), a bit of mead, garlic and green onions from my garden. I made that last night too.

Tonight I took the ham out, cut some slices, heated up the drippings and cooked it down with a bit of mead... sadly, I am about out of mead. :-( I took the slices and heated them up in the ajus.  I heated up the broccoli soup and served it with a sharp cheddar.  The broccoli soup could have used a bit more spice I think...but I will freeze it, as is, and spice when I heat it up.

Very simple but good dinner.  I will take the rest of the ham and slice up some for sandwiches with cheddar, homemade mayo and cheat a little with some homemade oat bread since I need a good quick lunch for training classes this week.  I will bring the sandwich and my applesauce, eat a good breakfast before I leave of egg omelet muffins.  The rest of the ham will be cubed up and some frozen for a part of another meal and the rest will be to go with the kimchi this weekend.

Trollie food for the night was local bison liver with pumpkin puree I made the other day and some cottage cheese (was bought, gotta figure out how to make) and an egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment