Monday, December 3, 2012

December cleaning and organizing


Today was a busy one.  I have done quite a bit of cleaning of this house...sorely needed.  It still has a ways to go but it is tons better. (and there are 5 bags going to goodwill!) It is just so hard to keep up with while working and doing schoolwork and doing the homestead chores and making good food, on top of that is the fact that it is never just my stuff to clean up but my brothers' too.  I don't clean up after them but it makes it harder to keep things organized.  Anyway, it is a sight better today after a bit of work and little sleep.

After the main cleaning and the inspection by the prospective new landlord's mortgage company, I got a few things done. I made this beautiful bread pictured here. It is an herbed bread with sundried tomato and rosemary. It is a butter bread so can't make it all the time but figured it will do me well for breakfasts this week. I also made another standard bread with rosemary so I can freeze and have the dough in the fridge for next week. I took advantage of the nice weather and cleaned everyone's water bowls and planted onion and garlic, apples cut for more sauce and peels for apple vinegar, beans started for sprouts, cabbage soup started, laundry done and clothes out for week.

Now to study for finals this week.

And some pics from the week:

Cabbages before they became kraut and soup

The warm weather obviously made them think it is Spring

Gwynafar

two of the boys (one is Val's)

Rowena is a very loud and free girl
 (she won't stay with her partner in the pen and runs around talking all day)

This is Sven, he doesn't like the camera but I was able to pet him for the first time today.
 He is one of the strays that show up here. Freya is inside now and sadly both Grendel and Rothgar
are gone....Rothy was very sweet but he got hit by a car. Hopefully Sven is around for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment