Saturday, December 8, 2012

Friday Primal Dinner/Saturday Breakfast

Sausage, Roasted Apples and Squash/Apple Soup
This week I made all the recipes up myself by what I had on hand.

Dinner for Friday night was Sausage sauteed with sage, Roasted Apple in balsamic vinegar and sage and Roasted Banana Squash and Carmelized Apple Soup.

Sausage:
local country sausage
fresh sage from garden

- cut into pieces and sauteed in cast iron pan

Roasted Apples:
local apples
balsamic vinegar
fresh sage from garden

- cut apples into slices with skin on
- place in baking pan at 350F drizzled with balsamic vinegar and sage
- roast until tender

Roasted Banana Squash and Carmelized Apple Soup
banana squash roasted and pureed
local apples cooked down and carmelized into butter
home made beef stock
garlic, onion, tumeric, sage, cayenne

- combine all and let simmer to combine flavors

Saturday Primal Breakfast: Bacon Pieces, Sauteed Apple and Fried Egg

I had a package of bacon ends so I cut the meaty parts off into bits and saved the fat. I cut the apple into small bits and sauteed in the bacon fat, then fried the egg after and combined in a bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment