Monday, October 29, 2012

Preserving and baking during the storm

Well, it is around 10:30pm and we still have power, thank the gods (and knock on wood). I pray we keep it on! Hail Thor! Hail Njordhr! Prayers were said to Freyr and landvaettir for safety of the land and critters...I will see how all is in the morning.

I have kept busy and spent much of the day cutting and slicing and baking and such. I made basil pesto and lemon balm pesto and put in freezer. I have 4 pints tomato paste canned and 6 pints and 1 quart apples (more to do tomorrow).  I have a dehydrator full of tomatoes for sundried tomatoes.  I was also very bad and made Oatmeal Apple cookies and for Trollie, Oatmeal, Peanut, Bacon cookies. 


Dog Biscuits Recipe below (I changed it a bit from what I found online):

2 1/2 cups oatmeal flour (ground rolled oatmeal)
2 tsp baking powder
2 pieces bacon crumbled
1/2 cup peanuts ground
1/4 cup bacon grease (might need a little more)
1/4 cup water

I mixed it all up and rolled into cookies on a parchment lined sheet.  Baked at 325F for 15 min, then shut oven off and let them sit in oven for 30 min.

My prayers and thoughts to all my friends that everyone and their property is safe from the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment