Sunday, October 28, 2012

Harvest time and preserving in the storm

I have a basket full of tomatoes in the crock pot to make sauce...if power goes out, I will transfer to stove on low.  Another basket full or 2 going in dehydrator.  I will be making pesto shortly from the last of the basil.  Going to puree the lemon balm too.  I got an arm full of both.  I have 2 more baskets of tomatoes, red and green that I took from the garden, figured might as well since I was fighting the slugs for them and who knows what the storm will do to them. 

I left the brocolli, cabbage, cauliflour and kale hoping they will do okay..they aren't quite ready yet.  So, lots more to do but getting some things done.

Tomatoes, Sage, Parsley

one of two baskets of tomatoes

Red Peppers, Eggplant, Basil and Lemon grass

1 comment:

  1. They all look sooooo yummy. I want to come to your place for dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete