Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Salmon and broccoli with lemon parsley butter / pumpkin scone


Salmon and Broccoli with Lemon Parsley butter, Caesar salad and Pumpkin Scone

Tonight's dinner was very simple tonight with dessert that was left over from breakfast I made for my co-workers this morning.

Salmon and Broccoli:

I sauteed the salmon in a little olive oil.  I cut broccoli from the garden and steamed it very slightly.  I topped them both with the Lemon Parsley Butter - simply some melted butter with fresh lemon juice and fresh parsley.

Caesar Salad:

Fresh lemon juice, parmesan, garlic, anchovies and olive oil.

The dessert was not primal, of course, but is good real food for a treat. I made it for my co-workers this morning from pumpkin I baked last night.

Pumpkin Scones - one of the best moist recipes I have found: (this recipe I got from one of the online homesteading forums, I forget which one. It originally called for a sugary glaze that I eliminated)

(all organic)
2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbs baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger (plus more to top the scones)
6 Tbs cold butter
1/2 cup fresh pumpkin
3 Tbs milk
1 egg ( used a small turkey egg)


- combine dry ingredients
- combine wet ingredients
- mix together
- form into a round disk shape on a baking sheet cut into triangles and sprinkled with spices
- bake at 425 F for 15 min


No comments:

Post a Comment